Chicken, pineapple, cashews and crushed red pepper mixed with carrots, onion, scallions, mushrooms, snow peas stir fried in a chicken broth, oyster sauce, honey, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar mixture. Served over long grain Chinese white rice.
1/2 cup Fat-Free, Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
3 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1 1/2 tablespoons Honey
1 tablespoon Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Oil, divided
1 cup chopped Green Onions, divided
1 small Onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 cup Julienne-Cut Red Bell Pepper (3 x 1/4-inch)
1/2 cup diagonally sliced Carrot
1 cup sliced Mushrooms
1 cup Snow Peas
1 pound Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup canned Pineapple Chunks in juice, drained
1/3 cup Cashews
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper, (1/2 to 1)
6 cups hot cooked Long-Grain Rice
1. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat 1-tablespoon peanut oil in wok over medium high heat.
3. Add ½ cup green onions and onion wedges. Stir-fry 1 minute.
4. Add red bell pepper and carrot to wok. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
5. Add sliced mushrooms and snow peas to wok. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
6. Remove vegetables from wok to bowl.
7. Wipe wok. Heat 1-tablespoon peanut oil in wok over medium high heat.
8. Add chicken to wok. Stir-fry 5 minutes.
9. Add chicken broth mixture, vegetable mixture, pineapple chunks, cashews, and crushed red pepper to wok.
10. Bring chicken cashew stir-fry to a boil. Cook until sauce thickens.
11. Stir in remaining green onions.
12. Serve with rice.